There are seven categories of violent crime that schools and organizations should address:
- attacks from an armed intruder
- acts of terrorism (e.g., explosive, chemical or biological attacks)
- workplace violence (e.g., violence from unstable parents or estranged spouses)
- students carrying concealed weapons (often edged weapons)
- violence at public events (e.g., fighting at sports events)
- street crime (e.g., common robbery, auto theft, assault and rape)
- abduction of young children, typically by non-custodial parents.
- forceable sexual assault
Note: child sexual abuse (sexual molestation) is addressed in the section above.
Leave A Comment